Let’s get this season going with a few random thoughts / blasts:
• we gotta give Perez and Castillo a chance to succeed. Trust me I have next to zero hope for Perez but Castillo is better than the average Met fan wants to give him credit for.
• Sorry Luis. Sorry Murphy. BMF is rooting for Brad Emaus to win the second base job. I don’t even know why exactly. I always liked Murphy I guess I’m just looking for new blood to root for
• Does Jeff Wilpon really think we’re gonna believe him when he tells us they’re not selling controlling interest in the Mets. — OK Jeffy boy it’s not like the Wilpons haven’t already been exposed by NYT for being far less than honest.
• Psssst Jeffy, even your Daddy’s buddy Selig is publicaly saying he’s worried your family won’t be able to keep the Mets.
• Does having Madoff vouch for you from his jail cell help or hurt your credibility?
• Disappointed to hear Rays owner Stewart Sternberg isn’t interested in the Mets. Too bad the New Yorker would make a great owner.
• Looks like USS Maine is going to be signing with the Phils. I’ll take that as a sign he’s sure to regain his form.