That’s probably an over simplification… But until further notice Bay’s return has recharged the Mets.
The boys erupted for NINE runs! Holy crap it took them 5 entire games to score their previous 9 runs.
BMF was super relieved to see Bay pick up a hit in his second AB. It quickly eliminated any possible O-fer to start his season and I feel like it led to the good karma of his little league HR.
• How bout Chris Capuano’s performance of 1R, 6H, 2BB, 4K in 7IP. I still have faith CC can be a very effective arm for u’s this season.
• Wright sprung back to life with 2H and 3RBI including a bomb.
• Ike unloaded an deposited a ball deep into the black batters eye in CF. Davis’s ball easily cleared the entire apple.
• Collins ran out early in the game to argue a strike call and got himself tossed. He seemed to be pushing it with the ump as if he wanted to get run which he quickly did. But it was so early the fans weren’t quite ready to get supercharged like they would’ve the other night when I said he should gotten himself run. But the Mets win big so what do I know.
• Murphy sitting in dugout looks like a character in Mad Men. I don’t even watch the show but he’s got this old fashioned look to his hair and face.
• Wright & Reyes played their 800th game together last night — holy crap!!!! That’s crazy.