• Word is Jason Bay will be activated in time for Thursday’s game. I’ll believe it when I see it.
• While part of me thinks the Mets can be a different offensive team with Bay’s stick in the lineup, most of me has given up hope Bay will ever be the player he was in Boston. Just can’t see that happening.
• Hey, whattya know, Ronny Paulino is playing ball and getting close to joining the Mets. I swear I completely forgot about that guy.
• Metsblog sez the Wilpons are sorting thru offers for as much as 49% of team. I still say it’s ludacris for anyone to give the Wilponzis all that money to be a silent partner. You’re either a terrible businessman or simply have waay too much money if you’re willing to fork over hundreds of millions of dollars to the geniuses that run the Mets.
I also think they’re gonna end up selling at least 49% of the team and this is the first time they’re floated that number out there in an attempt to soften the reaction when the news becomes official.
• What’s the over/under on wins for this 6 game homestand? … 3? I’d sign for 3W’s right now and be happy we didn’t get swept.